I finally made something!
I bought this pattern as soon as I saw it, and it's been sitting in my stash waiting to be made ever since. Now that I have, I want (and will probably make) about 100 more versions. The pattern is the Boyd St. Bowling Bag by Emmaline Bags, who has some of the most unique bag patterns I've come across. I own a couple of her other patterns, and after sewing this up I can't wait to make them.
When Cotton and Steel was released there were a few designs that caught my eye but I fell hard for the August collection. I'm not really too crazy about all the previous animal trends but lions I can get behind. I'm an August baby as well so maybe I'm biased:) This bag was made using the monarch canvas and dandelion in teal, with a coordinating Free Spirit solid in spark gold for accents. I purchased the hardware kit from Emmaline Bags as well, and I have to say it was really nice not to have to hunt down all the notions. All pieces are interfaced with SF101, along with Thermolam on the lining, as well as peltex for the handles/ bag bottom. I think it took more time to cut all those pieces out than it did to sew.
|Close-up of some of the hardware. I want to put hardware on everything now, it makes it look so much more professional!|
|There is an ingenious way of doing the zipper gusset so the print matches up.|
|Top stitching is definitely a weak point of mine, so I'm really proud of my half decent attempt.|
I think I almost love the lining more than the exterior! Brandon made me buy this zipper because the color was called monster snot green, and I'm glad I finally found something to use it for.